Spiritual Formation and Discipleship are continuous, lifelong endeavors for every Christian. Christianity is not something we “do”. We ARE Christians, people continuously shaped by God to be who He is calling us to be.
At St. John’s, our goal is to provide parishioners of every age with many opportunities for spiritual growth and development to enable all of us to be who God is calling us to be.
Bible and Books Studies
Study of Holy Scripture is central to our faith as Christians and reading the Bible together is a meaningful way for our parishioners to deepen their conviction while strengthening their ties to the church community. At St. John’s, we offer a variety of Bible and book studies to accommodate your interests and schedules:
- Wednesday Nights Food, Fun, Fellowship, and Formation for all ages. Please see the Calendar for current class information.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study — 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM in the library
- Thursday Morning Bible Study — with Deb Case, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM in the library
Sunday Bible School
Sunday Bible School is where young members of our community begin their lifelong journey of Christian formation and discipleship. It is a fun and welcoming environment where we share the stories and traditions of our church community. Sunday Bible School provides a basic foundation for our children’s early experience with the church and at St. John’s, we strive to offer the best in Christian education. Children in our Sunday Bible School programs explore the many ways God is at work in their lives, thereby helping them develop strong bonds with each other as they grow in their faith.
Youth Groups (Grades 6 – 12)
Our youth groups transform the lives of our young members by equipping them with a strong spiritual foundation and providing a welcoming, faith-based environment of prayer, service and fellowship. We offer the following groups for our youth members to help develop their faith and spirituality:
- Wednesday Night Youth Group, from 6 – 8 PM — Our Wednesday Witness 6th – 12th grades meet every Wednesday in the Youth House for dinner, music, prayer and lessons.
- Jr. High / High School Sunday morning – Interactive Bible based lessons designed to engage and equip our youth. The class meets on Sundays at 10:10 AM in the Youth House.
We offer various retreat opportunities throughout the year for parishioners to take time away to form a deeper connection with the world and follow the example of Jesus Christ.